Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The Solent Forum will be hosting a business planning meeting for members on 14th May 2015. Please visit the business page webpage for more details and download the Agenda.
- Karen McHugh, the Solent Forum Manager, has now returned from extended leave.
- The presentations from the Solent Forum meeting held on 18 March in Cowes are available to view on our meeting page.
- The 2014/15 Annual Review for the Forum is now available to download. This document sets out what the Forum has done during 2014/15 and plans for 2015/16.
- The application form for the Professor Mike Clark bursary Award is now available to download. Deadline for applications is 30 April 2015.
- The Solent European Marine Sites third annual newsletter has been published. The Annual Monitoring survey for 2015 is now underway for relevant authorities, from 5th March to 30th April 2015 inclusive.