Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The Forum held a Water Quality Group meeting on 20th March. The Solent Water Quality Awards page for 2012/13 has now been updated.
- The Forum hosted a CC2150 Meeting on 26th and 27th March. This included a site visit to Yarmouth.
- The Forum chaired a Faecal Contamination project meeting on 28th March, this was organised by the Environment Agency.
- Forum Officers met with the New Forest National Park Authority on 8th of April to see what priorities they have for the Solent.
- The Solent and Disturbance and Mitigation project group met on 17th April.
- A Solent Forum Officer took part in a meeting of the New Forest Catchment Project on 21st March.
- The Solent Forum Natural Environment Group met on 17th April to track, support and progress Solent wide projects that help sustain designated sites and the natural environment. The Group also heard presentations on several local projects and initiatives.