Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The Solent European Marine Sites (SEMS) Management Group and Strategic Stakeholder Group have been consulted on the draft SEMS Annual Monitoring Report 2016. The SEMS annual Management Group meeting will be held on 21st September 2016 in Southampton commencing at 10am.
- Please let us know if you would like one of our five minute hot topic slots at the forthcoming Solent Forum meeting on 5 October 2016 in Cowes. Email the Forum office at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot.
- The Solent Forum have produced a new brochure that explains the benefits of the Forum.
- The inaugural meeting of a Solent Forum new project entitled, Beneficial Use of Dredgings in the Solent (BUDS), was held on 7th September in Southampton. Once the terms of reference are agreed, details will be uploaded to the Solent Forum website.
- Solent Forum Officers attended a Solent Recreation Mitigation Partnership (SRMP) seminar in Eastleigh on 12th September.