Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The 2014 Solent Forum Bursary Scheme, for university students carrying out research around the Solent, is now open for submissions. Deadline is 25th April 2014.
- The Solent Forum is holding a half day conference in conjunction with our biannual members meeting, to demonstrate the work of the CCATCH the Solent Project. It will showcase the community engagement work undertaken over the last three years on adapting to climate change at Yarmouth, Southampton Itchen, Langstone, Solent Breezes, Beaulieu to Calshot and Royal Victoria Country Park. The half day conference will be held at Southampton City Council's civic centre on 12th March in the morning. The conference is free to attend but spaces are limited and it will be on a first come-first served basis. Please contact the Forum Office to confirm your attendance at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Solent Forum Officer organised and attended the final Solent Disturbance and Mitigation Project meeting on 23rd January. The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Planning Officers Group, led by Steve Lees, will now be taking over the implementation of this project.
- On behalf of SEMS, a Solent Forum Officer held a teleconference on 29th January with coastal staff from European marine sites (EMS) around England to share best practice on a range of marine management issues.
- The Solent Forum helped organise and attended the final CC2150 conference in Brighton on 11th and 12th February. The conference on 'Adapting to climate change up until the year 2150', introduced by Lord Chris Smith on a day of an intense storm, was very successful. The final project meeting of partners was held on the following day.
- From 17th February 2014 the Solent Forum Officer, Carolyn Francis, will be working part time on Tuesday to Thursday only.
- The Solent European Marine Sites (SEMS) Annual Monitoring 2014 is now underway.