Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The application form for the Professor Mike Clark bursary Award is now available to download. Deadline for applications is 30 April 2015.
- Karen McHugh, returned to work on 1st January, and sincere thanks are extended to Kate and Carolyn for enabling the smooth running of the Forum during her absence.
- The Solent Forum are now preparing to update the Business Plan. The new 2015-20 Business Plan should be in place by the Autumn members meeting. Members will be given an opportunity to input into this over the next six months.
- The Solent Forum Professor Mike Clark Award for 2015 for university students around the Solent will be launched shortly.
- Issue 37 of Solent News will be distributed in January 2015. This is a free bi-annual publication with a print circulation of 700 and it is also available online.
- Solent Forum staff will be assisting with the Marine Management Organisation's marine planning options workshop that will take place on 12 February in Southampton.
- Applications have been sent to the Water Quality Group to apply for the 2014 Water Quality awards. Judging will take place at the end of February.