Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The next issue of Solent News will be published in Winter 2013. We welcome articles on coastal matters, or any coastal news, from the last six months. Articles should be a maximum of 300 words and preferably be illustrated with an image (high resolution suitable for print). Please submit articles to the Solent Forum Office at email@example.com. For this issue please submit any articles by 13 December 2013.
- The Solent Forum assisted with the running of a further two Marine Management Organisations (MMO) workshops on the 14th and 15th of October, in Portland and Torquay. This completes a suite of workshops that the Solent Forum and neighbouring coastal partnerships have run jointly with the MMO. The other workshops held earlier in October were in Brighton, Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. The Solent Forum have been writing up the results of these workshops, with the help of the Dorset Coast Forum and the Devon Maritime Forum, and attended a meeting in Newcastle on Friday 15th November to present the work.
- On 18th October a Solent Forum Officer attended a conference on Business opportunities in a Low Carbon Economy held by Future Solent.
- The Solent Forum Natural Environment Group met in Havant on 23rd October to discuss and take forward Solent-wide projects.
- A meeting of the Solent Forum Steering Group was held on 24th October in Southampton.
- The Solent Forum organised a Solent Disturbance and Mitigation Project meeting, held on 30th October.
- Solent Forum staff attended and gave a presentation to the Coastal Partnerships Annual Meeting which was held this year in Southampton on 5-6 November.
- The Solent Forum attended a Coastal Change Yarmouth Local Engagement Group meeting on 7th November and at that meeting a draft vision and adaptation plan for the CCATCH the Solent project was agreed.
- A project meeting was held to plan the final steps in the CCATCH Southampton Itchen project, planning for a last Community Meeting on 4th December.
- On behalf of Solent European Manine Sites (SEMS) a Solent Forum Officer held a teleconference on 13th November with coastal staff from European marine sites (EMS) around England to share best practice on a range of marine management issues.