Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The Forum's postponed Marine Conservation Zone workshop will now take place on Friday 23rd January at the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton. Forum members wishing to attend can view the Agenda and download a booking form. If you wish to book by telephone please call 01962 846027. Booking is essential. Deadline for registrations is Monday 19th January 2015.
- The Forum staff would like to wish all members a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
- Issue 37 of Solent News will be distributed in early January 2015. This is a free bi-annual publication with a print circulation of 700 and it is also available online.
- On behalf of Solent European Marine Sites (SEMS), a Solent Forum Officer held a teleconference on 2nd December 2014 with Natural England, Defra and coastal staff from European marine sites (EMS) around England to discuss management of Marine Protected Areas. We will keep Solent Forum Members updated on progress.
- SEMS third newsletter will be distributed towards the end of February 2015. We would especially like to include news from you about what’s been happening in your part of the SEMS over the past few months. Articles, however short, concerning management issues at your site, how you have managed them or features of interest would be particularly welcome, as would details of any forthcoming projects or initiatives. If you would like to submit an article then please email it to email@example.com by 30th January 2015. Articles should be no more than 300 words and, if possible, should be accompanied by a high resolution image suitable for print (.jpg).
- On 19th November a Solent Forum Officer took part in a meeting of the ‘Love where you Sail’ project', which works with recreational boaters to improve and promote good marine water quality.
- The Solent Forum Manager, Karen McHugh will return from extended leave on 6 January 2015.