Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The Forum is delighted to announce that Peter Barham will be its new Chairman. Peter will chair the Forum for the next three years.
- The last meeting of the Solent Forum took place in Portsmouth on 17th September. The presentations can now be downloaded from our meetings page. The next meeting will take place on 18 March 2015 in Cowes.
- The Solent Forum Officers attended a Seaview 2027 workshop, hosted by the Environment Agency. The aim of Sea View 2027 is to create a shared environmental vision for the Solent that is agreed by a broad spectrum of partners.
- The Solent European Marine Sites (SEMS) Management Group will meet on 24th September in Havant. The SEMS Annual Monitoring report for 2014 can now be downloaded.
- The Forum's Natural Environment Group met on 15th October in Medmerry. Tim Callaway, RSPB Hampshire & Isle of Wight Area Manager, gave a presentation on the scheme to the Group and Sarah Hughes and Dave Haldane of the Manhood Wildlife and Heritage Group took delegates to the breach in the original sea wall and talked about the wildlife and archaeology of the site.
- The Solent Forum Manager, Karen McHugh, is on extended leave for six months, and Kate Ansell will manage the Solent Forum in her absence. Karen will return in January 2015.