Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- Issue 37 of Solent News will be distributed in January 2015. This is a free bi-annual publication with a print circulation of 700 and it is also available online. If you would like to submit an article then please send approx. 300 words and preferably an image to the Forum Office by Friday 12th December. Find out more at http://www.solentforum.org/publications/solent_news/.
- The Solent Forum steering group met on 11th September in Winchester. The meeting was chaired by the new Solent Forum Chair, Peter Barham.
- The Natural Environment Group's project tracker has recently been updated and can be downloaded at http://www.solentforum.org/forum/sub_groups/Natural_Environment_Group/.
- New Terms of Reference have been drafted for the Natural Environment Group - download from http://www.solentforum.org/forum/sub_groups/Natural_Environment_Group/.
- The Solent Forum Manager, Karen McHugh, is on extended leave for six months, and Kate Ansell will manage the Solent Forum in her absence. Karen will return on 6 January 2015.