Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The 2014/15 Annual Review for the Forum is now available to download. This document sets out what the Forum has done during 2014/15 and plans for 2015/16.
- The application form for the Professor Mike Clark bursary Award is now available to download. Deadline for applications is 30 April 2015.
- Solent Forum staff assisted the Marine Management Organisation's (MMO) marine planning options workshop that took place on 12 February in Southampton. In association with this workshop the MMO has published an Options document which is open for consultation. The deadline is 4 March 2015. Please respond to the consultation via the MMO online consultation tool.
- Applications have been sent to the Water Quality Group to apply for the 2014 Water Quality awards. Judging will take place at the end of February 2015.The Solent Forum have contacted all members to seek their views for the new 2015-20 Business Plan. A business planning meeting will be held for members on 14th May 2015.
- The Solent Forum Steering Group meeting was held on 11th February 2015 in Southampton.
- The interim national funding of European Marine Sites, including the Solent European Marine Site, will cease from April 2015. This funding source was from Natural England, Defra and the MMO. The Solent Forum have managed to obtain local Natural England funding for 2015/16, however discussions are ongoing about future sources of funding.
- The Solent Forum will next meet on 18 March 2015 in Cowes.