Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement in Marine Planning
The Solent Forum, and other coastal partnerships around the country, are working with the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) on a project to Enhance Stakeholder Engagement in the marine planning process. The Solent lies within the areas covered by the South Marine Plans. The project covers the period 2017 to 2019. Solent Forum members and other Solent coastal stakeholders will be kept informed of the project progress and be encouraged to participate where appropriate.
Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement (ESE) Workshop - 10 October 2018
The Solent Forum, working in partnership with the MMO, hosted a free workshop on 10 October 2018 on discussing how we can enhance stakeholder engagement in the implementation of and monitoring of the newly adopted South Marine Plans.
The workshop report is currently being drafted and will be circulated shortly.
The main objectives of the Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement project are to:
- Work with local coastal partnerships to expand the MMO's current database of stakeholders with an interest in the marine area and gain insights into their drivers and motivations to engage in planning
- Engage more with stakeholders, more effectively to strengthen marine plans and their implementation and monitoring
- Allow development of enhanced communication plans, especially to access hard to reach stakeholders
- Develop tools and activities to identify opportunities to raise awareness, and deliver enhanced "outreach" engagement to all stakeholders including those new and ‘hard to reach’ stakeholders who are not currently meaningfully engaged in the marine planning process
- Enable the MMO to expand its reach adding value to marine plans
- Hold a range of workshops, develop appropriate materials and deploy other mechanisms, throughout the marine planning process in more ways and at more times and locations in order to secure more comprehensive engagement across all stakeholder groups