Preventing Plastic Pollution in the River Itchen Estuary
The Preventing Plastic Pollution in the River Itchen Estuary project will undertake a Feasibility Study and Stakeholder Analysis on behalf of the project partners.
Overall strategic objective
To establish a collaborative partnership that is committed to delivering measurable environmental improvements to the River Itchen estuary, through the prevention, reduction, and clean-up of plastic pollution.
There are four main distinct work areas of this 5 year project:
- Understanding plastic pollution from source to sea
- Enabling transformation change
- Reducing and removing the legacy of plastic pollution
The specific objectives with this phase of the Project are to:
- Provide a Feasibility Study which outlines: the evidence; drivers/tools; collation of all the activities that are/could support this work; identifies funding options; assessment of different approaches to progress work; and recommended next steps.
- Undertake a stakeholder analysis to inform an Engagement Plan.
Back to home