Solent Forum Subgroups
The Solent Forum membership is large and represents a variety of sectors. To consider more specific matters the Solent Forum establishes subgroups. There are currently two subgroups in operation, the Water Quality Group and the Natural Environment Group. Such groups contribute many outputs to the overall management of the Solent and wider stakeholder community.
The results of the 2007 Business Plan survey, showed that members find such groups useful for networking, building relationships and looking at sepcific issues. Some group members meet and others act as virtual groups. We also set up subgroups that are time limited and task led, for example the group that assisted with the preparation of the Forum's Marine Consents Guide.
A History of Solent Forum Subgroups
- Natural Environment Group - established 2004.
- Water Quality Group - established 1992, originally the 'Solent Water Quality Conference' run by Local Authorities.
- Recreation Group - ran from 2006 to 2011.
- Solent Research Group - 1998 to 2007.
- Solent European Marine Sites Stakeholder Group - established 2002.